The 9th annual Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show, held during Modernism Week – October, will open Friday evening October 20, and feature both dealers new to the show as well as returning dealers that have participated in previous shows. The Fall Show returns with 45 premier national and international exhibitors offering the BEST of midcentury and modern design. This popular show, which runs October 20-22, will be held in the Palm Springs Convention Center; it is a more intimate version of the annual Palm Springs Modernism Show held in February.
On Friday evening, October 20, attendees are invited to attend the festive Opening Night Party and Early Buying Preview Reception at the Palm Springs Convention Center. The Friday night party offers the perfect opportunity for attendees to shop directly from dealers before the show opens to the public on Saturday. Tickets are available in advance for $95 at modernismweek.com or at the door for $110 and include daily re-entry to the show. Weekend show hours are Saturday, October 21, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, October 22, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tickets are $25, include return entry all weekend, and may be purchased in advance at modernismweek.com or at the door.
At the show, veteran Gallerist and Curator James Bacchi will contemporize Modernism’s break with the past and its simultaneous search for new forms of artistic expression. His debut presentation for the Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show is a clever nod to the Contemporary NEO-MODernism Movement, complete with great respect, extremely good taste, and Bacchi’s signature subtle sense of humor.
His collection integrates contemporary works by Master Printmakers, Carrie Ann Plank, Fernando Reyes and Eric Rewitzer, with red hot Resin Artists, Lucky Rapp and LOLA, and Encaustic Queen, and Jhina Alvarado. It also includes selected works by the noteworthy painters including Bill Bloomfield, Carolyn Meyer, Marc Lambrechts, Jay Samit and Serena Bocchino. The collection offers an inspiring glimpse of the future of Neo-Modernism.
Additional Featured Palm Springs exhibitors include:
- Route 66 West featuring vintage Bakelite jewelry
- Thomas Lawrence Fine Art offering vintage early California paintings and decorative arts
Additional dealers to the 2023 Fall Show include:
- 925 Design Fused Glass of Encino, California (featuring art glass works inspired by Kandisky, Picasso, Miro and Calder)
- Gay Fad Studios of Lancaster, Ohio (offering vintage midcentury glassware and barware)
- Art by Pascal Jarrion of Los Angeles, California (featuring Cubist paintings sculpture and ceramics)
- Swann Freslon of San Raphael, California (offering original Abstract Art)
- Mount Wilson Tables of Altadena, California (featuring original 21st century furniture designs)
- Tod Donobedian of San Francisco CA (featuring furniture and decorative arts from the 20th century)
Returning featured dealers include:
- Amara Rugs of Torrance, California (offering vintage and contemporary rugs)
- Art of Scooter of Colorado Springs, Colorado (featuring midcentury modern art)
- Blue Heron Gallery of Fallbrook, California (offering vintage 20th century fine art and sculpture)
- Modfire of Phoenix, Arizona (featuring contemporary fireplace solutions)
- Tesselle of Riverside, California (offering original cement tiles)
- Unapologetically Italian of Italy and California (featuring stunning 21st century lighting designs)
“We are so pleased to return in October for our ninth annual Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show,” said Rosemary Krieger, President of Dolphin Promotions. “What began as a small event created in 2014 to bring more awareness to the Modernism Show and to Modernism Week in February has now grown into a much-anticipated annual event itself. The Modernism Fall Show will feature 45 exhibitors offering vintage 20th century items along with compelling 21st century designs all under one roof at the Palm Springs Convention Center. The marriage of vintage 20th century with 21st century designs has proven to be successful and works while offering a wider appeal to our supporters in the Coachella Valley. Our dealers and attendees alike love to participate in this exciting show.”
Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show Sponsors include Premier Sponsor Atomic Ranch (Engaged Media, LLC), joined by, Abell Auctioneer, BIDSQUARE, Freightforwarding.com, and John Moran Auctioneer along with Media Sponsors Antiques & Fine Art Magazine, California Homes, California Home and Design, Incollect Magazine, and Palm Springs Life.